For a thick and tasty chocolate comfort drink, try this Italian Hot Chocolate Recipe!
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup (approx 6 ounces) chocolate or chocolate chips, finely chopped or ground in food processor
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-3 tablespoons sugar (depending on how bitter the chocolate you use)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Warm milk over medium low heat until scalding. Make sure to stir frequently to not burn on bottom of the pan.
- While milk is warming, mix cornstarch, sugar, and ground chocolate.
- Add chocolate mixture to hot milk.
- Cook until slightly thickened (30 seconds to 2 minutes).
- Add vanilla and remove from hot pan immediately.
Have you ever had Italian Hot Chocolate? …