For a quick and healthy snack that your kids will love as well, try your hand at this Cashew Butter and Butterscotch Chip Energy Bites Recipe
These bites are popular around my house. Quite popular.
In fact, I would dare say that I make them multiple days during the week.
Why? Because they disappear so quickly. But really, how can you complain when you are feeding your family a snack that’s high in fiber, protein…. oh and did I mention that is tastes like an Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookie? Added bonus.
Cashew Butter and Butterscotch Chip Energy Bites Recipe
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed I prefer the golden
- 1 cup rolled oats quick cooking or old fashioned
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup can also use agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- teaspoon up to 1/2 cinnamon optional
- 2-4 tablespoons butterscotch chips
In a large bowl, mix cashew butter, flax seed, oats, sweetener, vanilla, and cinnamon (optional).
Stir in butterscotch chips.
With a small scoop or spoon, scoop out bites and roll into 1 tablespoon balls.
Refrigerate until hard and store in bag.