A new way to enjoy those fresh peaches being harvested right now – in a glass! This fresh peach juice recipe is simple but will knock your socks off.
I recently went to a little local Chilean restaurant. They have a lot of amazing food there, but the one thing that they are famous for is their fresh peach juice. They bring out a tall glass with a little straw and it makes you almost forget about the rest of the meal. We can live on peaches, right?
Now one disclaimer – this peach juice is more like a nectar meaning, it is thicker than your average “juice”. But since peaches are such a mild flavor, straining out all the foamy goodness was not an option here. Trust me, you’ll know what I mean when you try it.
Anyway, I wanted to make this at home because I had A TON of peaches a couple of weeks ago. It didn’t seem like brain surgery but the first attempt – not so great. So I made a few attempts, and let me tell you this stuff is addicting! Added bonus: KIDS LOVE IT! So, I can make sure they are eating healthier.
- FRESH PEACHES are MANDATORY! I’ve never tried canned, but I just can’t imagine it being that good in this situation.
- A powerful blender works wonders. Since you don’t peel the skins in this recipe, a powerful blender like a Blendtec helps chop those up nicely. You don’t really even notice them. I made this while on vacation in a not-so-powerful blender and it was fine, but you definitely did notice the skins. If you don’t have a powerful blender, you might want to take the extra time and peel those babies.
- Chill the whole peaches in advance of making. I don’t usually recommend chilling fruit because it won’t ripen quite the same, but I do chill the peaches just the night before or just a few hours, or whatever. Key is you want to fruit and water cold to make this and you can’t chill it later and here’s why…..
- ENJOY FRESH. That was my biggest problem the first time. Remember that little thing called oxidation? Well, it happens with peaches. This juice is meant to be enjoyed fresh. Since it’s so fast and easy to make, prepare it just before enjoyment for stellar results.
Enjoy the rest of your peach season!
Fresh Peach Juice Recipe
- 1 large fresh peach, chilled, pitted and sliced about 8 ounces weight
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
In a blender, combine peach, water, and sugar.
Blend well and serve immediately over ice.
Water and sugar can be adjusted up or down according to preference.
Chill the peaches in advance and use extra cold water so that the juice is nice and cold.
Drink fresh! This juice will oxidize and does not keep well.
Use a powerful blender to help chop the skins. You can also peel off the skins (I don't recommend blanching because then the peaches will not be cold).
Latest posts by Christina | Food Apparel (see all)
- HOW TO DRESS UP YOUR BLACK BEANS: 5 WAYS - July 24, 2017
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Sage and Sausage Recipe - November 22, 2016
- Chewy Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe - November 12, 2015