Peanut Butter and Chocolate has always been the perfect combo. So, you will fall in love with this Peanut Butter and Cocoa Nib Energy Bites Recipe because it still tastes amazing and you can feel good about eating it!
If you have never had cocoa nibs, you are in for a treat. They are the roasted nibby goodness from the cacao bean. In other words, these are what chocolate is made from! The nibs roasted are a little nutty in texture and chocolatey in flavor. They smell amazing and taste equally delish! And there is no added sugar to nibs. So if you truly want to experience the full anti-oxidant benefits of dark chocolate, here is your chance!
Peanut Butter and Cocoa Nib Energy Bites Recipe
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed I prefer the golden
- 1 cup rolled oats quick cooking or old fashioned
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup can also use agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- teaspoon up to 1/2 cinnamon optional
- 2-4 tablespoons cocoa nibs
In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, flax seed, oats, sweetener, vanilla, and cinnamon (optional).
Stir in cocoa nibs.
With a small scoop or spoon, scoop out bites and roll into 1 tablespoon balls.
Refrigerate until hard and store in bag.
Latest posts by Food Apparel (see all)
- No-Bake Cheesecake Cookie Dip Recipe with Balsamic Drizzle - November 29, 2018
- How to Host a Hot Chocolate Bar - December 5, 2017
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Chili Recipe - September 23, 2017