School’s out and my kids and I are always on the go now. Swimming, parks, bike rides, playing with friends…..it can get a little exhausting at times!
I like to make sure they are still getting the energy that they need without hindering on their fun (I mean seriously, when you are bouncing off the walls all day, who has time to stop and eat?). Believe it or not, they LOVE these simple spinach fruit smoothies.
It’s like a tasty treat, except instead of overly processed and refined stuff, it sticks more to natural sweeteners and it actually contains vitamins and minerals! No there’s an idea, huh! No offense cute little on-the-go “juice” pouches, but we’ll stick with this on most days.
Simple Spinach Fruit Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk or fruit juice we like apple or orange juice, but you could really try any!
- 1 tablespoon honey if using almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt if using juice
- 1 banana
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 cup frozen strawberries blueberries, pineapple, or mango
Place ingredients into blender in order listed.
Blend until smooth and serve!
Latest posts by Food Apparel (see all)
- How to Host a Hot Chocolate Bar - December 5, 2017
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Chili Recipe - September 23, 2017
- The Underground Culinary Tour: A Must Read for Budding Restauranteurs - January 31, 2017