1. I never actually measure the chocolate chips or cocoa nibs. I just of just put them in until it "looks right" so feel free to adjust those measurements. Some days you may want more, some days less, some days one or the other, some days none at all (although I'm not sure why you'd eliminate the best part!)
2. The chocolate chips I use (usually Guittard brand) tend to sink a little bit during baking. For me, the trade off of the moist bread is worth it. But you may want to try finding smaller chips or even mini-chips if you want to keep them more evenly distributed throughout the bread.
Change it Up:
1. Substitute your favorite chopped nuts for the cocoa nibs
2. For mini-loaves, cook for 40-45 minutes. (Makes 4)
3. For muffins, cook for 20-23 minutes. (Makes 18-20)