These Oatmeal Cookies in a Jar are a great gift for any occasion! There are also about a million different mix-ins that you can do to change ’em up!
More edible gifts in a jar for you! Seriously, we love gifts in a jar. There’s nothing like telling someone you love them by giving them goodies. Right? One of the reasons I like these mixes is that it gives the recipient the option of making the treats later. Have you ever run into the predicament of getting hoards of goodies all at once? And then they all look fabulous, but you are thinking, seriously, I should not be eating any more of this right now……and guess what? I still do eat them all. But my thighs don’t really like it.
This basic Oatmeal Cookies recipe is SOOOOO easy to change up. We did this one with a couple different kinds of chocolate morsels and cranberries. But you can add nuts, super load it with chocolate and nothing else…..whatever you want!
Do you like gifts in a jar? What’s your fav? We hope that you have fun with all of your holiday goodies this year. Don’t let them stress you out! Make sure you are having fun in the kitchen and in all your holiday festivities.
Chocolate and Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies In A Jar
For the Jar Mix:
- 1 cups and 1/3 all-purpose flour spooned into measuring cup & leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooking oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup mix of semi-sweet chocolate chips milk chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 pecans optional
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Jar Mix:
Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in quart jar.
Layer rest of ingredients, packing firmly with each addition.
Dump jar ingredients into mixing bowl and stir until evenly distributed.
Add egg, butter, and vanilla.
Mix wet ingredients into dry until fully incorporated (you may use a spoon or mixer on low speed).
Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes, or until cookies begin to turn golden brown.
Cool on baking sheet for approximately 2 minutes, then move to cooling rack.
Recipe NotesChange it Up:
Substitute M&Ms for cranberries
Use all of one kind of chocolate chip (dark, milk, or white)
Use a different kind of nut such as macadamia
Dress it Down:
Keep it simple by eliminating the cranberries and nuts and go straight up chocolatey goodness!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR JAR (for you to print and include with the gift):
Chocolate and Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Dump jar ingredients into mixing bowl and stir until evenly distributed.
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix wet ingredients into dry until fully incorporated (you may use a spoon or mixer on low speed).
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes, or until cookies begin to turn golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for approximately 2 minutes, then move to cooling rack.