This sweet honey granola is the perfect breakfast or the perfect snack!
I’m a serial snacker. Recently I was staying at someone’s house after some serious road tripping, and about halfway through the day, they confronted me. “Christina, you haven’t eaten anything all morning.” Hahaha. I started to laugh a little. She hadn’t seen anything, but when I started going back through the list of what I’d had, it was nothing small.
1) My daughter’s breakfast leftovers (steel cut oats, clementine, and whatever else wasn’t totally gross and mangled)
2) Granola bar
3) Basically at least one of each snack that we’d brought on the trip (dried mango, yogurt raisins, fruit snacks, cashews, “minions” (cheez-its)….
4) Water, always
5) More of whatever was conveniently within reach
Being a serial snacker can be dangerous business if you have a lot of junk food around. So I’ve tried over the years to have a healthier spread for my habits.
This Sweet Honey Granola is a great snack for me and it’s so easy to throw together. It has a hint of honey, it’s not too crunchy but not too chewy….granola perfection. I make sure to always have a batch of it in my pantry in case of a snack emergency!
Sweet Honey Granola
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cups honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or other nuts optional
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a large bowl, mix together oats, coconut, wheat germ, brown sugar and powdered milk.
In small saucepan, combine oil, vanilla and honey. Heat slightly over low heat until dissolved.
Add to dry mix and toss, coating evenly.
Add nuts and fruit (optional), and toss to coat. (You may also simply add these at the end after baking.)
Spread granola mixture onto cookie sheet.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring every 5 minutes.
Cool completely and store in air-tight container.
This recipe was originally shared on Or So She Says.
Latest posts by Food Apparel (see all)
- No-Bake Cheesecake Cookie Dip Recipe with Balsamic Drizzle - November 29, 2018
- How to Host a Hot Chocolate Bar - December 5, 2017
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Chili Recipe - September 23, 2017