You know you love white chip and cranberry cookies, yeah? Well, how about a healthy version energy bites! Feel like you are cheating!
You know, sometimes when you know you are cheating on eating (look at me rhyming) you have to feel all guilty and sulky in the corner. You convince yourself, tomorrow I will do better. Bleh.
Well, how about something that you can feel good about and it actually TASTES pretty amazing, too? For real though. I’m serious. Not a joke. These energy bites have almond butter, flax seed, oats, honey, and then just a little bit of “treat” added. Snitching the cookie dough, are we? Yep, but no more hiding it.
Healthy Almond Butter, White Chips, and Dried Cranberries Energy Bites Recipe
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed I prefer the golden
- 1 cup rolled oats quick cooking or old fashioned
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup can also use agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- teaspoon up to 1/2 cinnamon optional
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
In a large bowl, mix almond butter, flax seed, oats, sweetener, vanilla, and cinnamon.
Stir in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
With a small scoop or spoon, scoop out bites and roll into 1 tablespoon balls.
Refrigerate until hard and store in bag.