Try this simple yet amazing grilled rib eye steak with garlic truffle butter for all your summer grilling!
If you know our families (of me and Tam), you know that FOOD is a major thing surrounding all get-togethers. In fact, you could say that’s WHY we get together. The holidays and birthdays are a great excuse, and the food involved is the real reason!
Just the other day, I was speaking with a neighbor who has the same affinity for smoking and grilling meats as we do. We were saying that we need to have a block party, so she was trying to come up with a good holiday that we could get together. My husband was like, “Or, Wednesday?” No need to wait for the holiday, right?!?
Well, whether you like to just celebrate to eat food in and of itself, or like to have great food at your celebrations, here is something special for you as we approach all of the wonder of the summer grilling season and holidays! Jones Creek Beef sent us some amazing steaks to try, and I am not just saying this folks, but their steaks are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. They are 100% free-range and grass-fed as well, so that’s a double bonus in that you get a super high-quality steak, and you can feel great about the treatment of their animals. I was floored, especially with the Ribeye. It literally melted in my mouth (so tender) and I’m not exaggerating when I say that ribeye was the best steak I have ever eaten in my life. No joke.
Tips for cooking the perfect steak:
- Let the steak come completely to room temperature before putting on the grill
- Salt and pepper on both sides helps enhance the flavor of the steak greatly and can also assist in keeping it tender! Put this on about 20 minutes before grilling (as well as any rubs you may like) so that in can work its way into the meat
- Use a meat thermometer to test the doneness. We love using a Thermoworks Instant Read Thermometer. Remember, the steak will continue to cook after you remove it from the heat (see our temperature guide in the recipe instructions)
- ALWAYS let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes after you remove it from the grill. This helps the juices redistribute throughout the meat. I like tenting it loosely with foil as well.
Jones Creek Beef Grilled Ribeye Steak with Truffle Butter
- 2-4 Jones Creek brand ribeye steak
- 2 Tablespoons of your favorite steak rub optional
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
GARLIC TRUFFLE BUTTER
- 3 heads garlic
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter 1 stick
- 1 tsp herb or truffle salt
For the Garlic Truffle Butter:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut tips off tops of garlic to expose the openings, drizzle top with olive oil, and wrap in aluminum foil.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until soft.
Let garlic cool.
Squeeze out garlic into food processor. Add butter and herb or truffle salt. Pulse until smooth.
For the Steak:
Massage steak with with rubs, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes while you heat your grill.
Grill steaks over medium high heat for one minute on each side, or until it gets a crisp exterior.
Finish cooking over medium heat until desired level of doneness (see notes).
Top with butter immediately off of grill and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting
Remove from Grill at this Temperature/Final Cooked Temperature
to 135°F/130 to 140°F
We wanted to keep our recipes simple so that we could appreciate the fullness of the steak without drowning it with tons of extras. So we just did a simple truffle butter to put on top of the steak right as it came off the grill. It added so much deliciousness that I almost couldn’t stand it! No sharing around here. All the steak for me!!! (No, I did share, I promise.)
Seriously, it was perfection. We also did a fun rub that we’ll be sharing as well for our next recipe here on Food Apparel.
Latest posts by Food Apparel (see all)
- The Underground Culinary Tour: A Must Read for Budding Restauranteurs - January 31, 2017
- Food Hack Attack! Why I love Dessert and Booze Hacks by Peggy Wang (Founding Editor of BuzzFeed) - January 16, 2017
- Agua de Sandia Recipe (Watermelon Agua Fresca) - May 17, 2016