Having three little bodies running in my house often leads to cold cereal and yogurt as our morning breakfast. Although not bad, gets a little boring, and a little pricey. Those tiny bodies can pound a box a day.
So at least a few times a week I try to make pancakes, eggs, muffins, oatmeal, etc. Some days, especially weekends with the hubs, I need a break from the morning carb load. This sweet potato breakfast skillet is a perfect lazy weekend, “please don’t make me fat” breakfast. Use the orange variety or the yellow – they are both excellent!
The husband was skeptical at first, but once he took a bite he loved it. Only problem he said, was that he wished there was more.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 large eggs
- 1 avocado
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake on a sheet pan for 25 minutes, flipping once during cooking process.
- Preheat a medium skillet. Toss cooked sweet potatoes in skillet.
- Make three one inch areas without sweet potatoes. Crack eggs into hot skillet.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 5 minutes, or until eggs are set to your desired level (if you leave them in the pan after removing from oven, they will continue to cook.)
- Top skillet with diced avocado, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.