This Bacon Pimento Cheese Dip Recipe is perfect for football season! I mean, seriously, there’s bacon. It has to be good.
Oh man marrying a southern man and spending enough time in Alabama to fall in love with the south definitely broadened my food love categories. Like Pimento cheese! Say what? Seriously though this stuff is delicious, and if you don’t have pimentos around, just dice up some red pepper.
This recipe is amped up with bacon and is a perfect football dip. And if you are lucky enough to have leftovers you are in for the best grilled cheese treat ever.
Bacon Pimento Cheese Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste
- dash of cayenne or more depending on preference
- ounce One 4 jar of pimentos or substitute one roasted red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slice of crisped bacon chopped
Mix together cream cheese and mayonnaise.
Add worcestershire sauce, cayenne, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Add pimentos, cheddar, and bacon. Stir until incorporated.
Shape into ball.
Serve in a bowl with chips, pretzels, cracker, or in a grilled cheese sandwich.
Dress it Up:
Add 1/2 cup romano, parmesan, or your favorite cheese.
Dress it Down:
Eliminate the bacon (although I'm not sure why you'd want to do this 😉 )