Coconut, chocolate, and almond all wrapped together in this Almond Joy Energy Bites recipe!
Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t. My kids are absolutely IN LOVE with this version of the famous cookie dough balls that we have dubbed “Almond Joy”. They have a little bit of cocoa powder, coconut, and still a lot of healthy goodness going on! A great “treat” that you can feel good about giving them.
Healthy Almond Joy Energy Bites Recipe
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed I prefer the golden
- 1 cup rolled oats quick cooking or old fashioned
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup can also use agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut flakes can use sweetened or unsweetened
In a large bowl, mix almond nut butter, flax seed, oats, sweetener, vanilla, and vanilla.
Mix in cocoa powder.
Mix in coconut flakes.
With a small scoop or spoon, scoop out bites and roll into 1 tablespoon balls.
Refrigerate until hard and store in bag.
Latest posts by Food Apparel (see all)
- No-Bake Cheesecake Cookie Dip Recipe with Balsamic Drizzle - November 29, 2018
- How to Host a Hot Chocolate Bar - December 5, 2017
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Chili Recipe - September 23, 2017