I promised more Larabars, and here’s another copycat that I absolutely love: Blueberry Muffin Larabars! Except this time I did them in ball form. Honestly, either way works great. Just depends on your personal preference. I think that the balls are actually a little easier for on-the-go stuff since you can press them together really well. By the way, wouldn’t you agree that dates have been severely underrated all of these years? Who knew they could be a sweetener and an adhesive? It’s beautiful, really.
Copycat Blueberry Muffin Larabars (or Balls)
- 1 cups cashews
- 1 cup walnuts
- 12-14 whole pitted dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon drop lemon essential oil or 1/4 lemon zest
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
Blend cashews and walnuts in food processor until grains are fairly small.
Add twelve dates and vanilla to food processor.
Process until mixture begins to clump together. Add an additional date or two if needed to help mixture stick together.
Add dried blueberries and pulse for a few seconds.
Place mixture in the bottom of an 8 inch square pan lined with parchment paper.
Top with another sheet of parchment paper and press down very firmly.
Store in fridge for up to three weeks.
Recipe NotesChange It Up:
To make energy balls instead of bars, simply scoop out heaping tablespoons of the mixture and roll tightly.
Latest posts by Food Apparel (see all)
- The Underground Culinary Tour: A Must Read for Budding Restauranteurs - January 31, 2017
- Food Hack Attack! Why I love Dessert and Booze Hacks by Peggy Wang (Founding Editor of BuzzFeed) - January 16, 2017
- Agua de Sandia Recipe (Watermelon Agua Fresca) - May 17, 2016