I wanted to share my little secret with you about how I lost 30 pounds during the holiday season this year.
Ta-da! Introducing the new addition to my family. Ain’t she cute? (No, she does not weigh 30 pounds, btw.) I know, it’s not fair. I had a little help…….I just had to share because I kept thinking about those funny Google Ads that show up all over that say “1 simple trick to get rid of belly fat” or something to that nature, and I thought this would be a WAY better ad. Maybe I’m the only one laughing at this, but just pretend and laugh with me a little, k? ‘Cuz, I’m not getting much sleep lately on account of this little one so I really don’t know what’s funny anymore. Everything’s funny when you’re tired, right?
But really, we know that it’s January, and there’s a big push to GET FIT! I know that I still have a few pounds to go, and I’m trying really hard to curb my cravings for a whole batch of fudge to be consumed all by myself. So I’m working on stocking the fridge up with some healthy (yet tasty) stuff to get me back on track, and since it’s FREEZING outside, I’ve made a goal to start getting my yoga on. My yoga DVD even almost made it into the player last night. So close! Hey, that’s progress. Maybe tomorrow we’ll do it and I’ll even hit play.
We do have some yummy stuff here on the blog that’s both tasty and good for you, so I wanted to drop a few ideas. And we are working on getting healthy versions posted of quite a few of our recipes this year, so stay on the lookout for that.
For now though, we wanted to throw out a quick “15 Healthy Recipes for 2015” from the blog that we really love….in no particular order (because who has time for that? Well, I don’t….)
Brussels Sprouts, Red Pepper, and Egg Breakfast Skillet. Oh these skillet recipes! Fantastic way to eat breakfast in style.
Heart Healthy Smoothie. No greens here! But still full of good healthy stuff to start your day off right!
Sweet Potato and Avocado Breakfast Skillet. Another popular skillet that features our true love of sweet potatoes!
Whole Wheat English Muffins – these are super easy to make!
Spinach Fruit Smoothie. If you do the spinach route, try this version.
Pepitas (pumpkin seeds) Trail Mix. 80% healthy, 20% indulgence (with the added chocolate). Great little snack!Simple Pad Thai. Loaded with veggies!
Egg White, Asparagus, and Mushroom Swiss Melt. Keeping it light on the calories.
Ranch Cashews. Loaded with protein!
Fresh Fruit Cake! When you need to skip the butter…..
Pan-Seared Salmon. Salmon is loaded with good fats and cooks up really fast!
Easy Marinated Chicken. A simple way to go from plain to yum all while staying low-fat.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. This dip that features garbanzo beans is another great source of protein!
Easy Vegan Quinoa Burrito Bowl. This grain is loaded with good stuff!
Greek Quinoa Salad. Another great salad featuring the beautiful quinoa.
Try one of these out! I promise they all TASTE GREAT! (Sometimes I’m totally scared of the word healthy because of my doubts over this…..)
IN OTHER NEWS:
I can’t begin to express to you how excited Tammy and I are for 2015. We have a lot of amazing things going on. To name a few…..
1) Tam is getting ready to move into her new house with FANTASTIC KITCHEN! We will definitely be sharing pictures with you and are excited to have many fun cooking and baking adventures there that we will also be sharing through new recipes, etc. (I already told her I’m moving in to the pantry!!!!)
(The picture above is not THE kitchen, but design is based off of this. Most exciting: extended marble slab island. Let’s make some CANDY!)
2) I get to temporarily move to Virginia with my awesome little family for 10 weeks starting mid-February (so I guess I will skip Tam’s pantry for now)! We weren’t quite sure on the details ’til recently, but it’s happening and I’m ecstatic! Firstly, because I was dreading being gone from my love for that much time (we already did 7 weeks this Fall and it stunk!) and secondly, because I love the East coast. So, any peeps in the Charlottesville, VA area, reach out to me. I want to meet you so I can have some friends!!!!
3) We have a lot of fun new things that we are going to be doing here at Food Apparel! The blog readership is growing, we’re loving it, and we hope you are, too! We’re gonna keep sharing awesome recipes, keep adding alternate versions of the recipes we already have, and start adding some other helpful resources here AND fun stuff, too (like Fashion Fridays)! Stay tuned…..
Happy Eating Everyone!
Latest posts by Christina | Food Apparel (see all)
- HOW TO DRESS UP YOUR BLACK BEANS: 5 WAYS - July 24, 2017
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Sage and Sausage Recipe - November 22, 2016
- Chewy Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe - November 12, 2015
Dawn Nicole (@ByDawnNicole) says
She is so cute!! The recipes look awesome too but she outshines everything! 🙂 Pinned!
Food Apparel says
You are too sweet Dawn!
Food Apparel says