Try this savory vegetarian crockpot chili recipe the next time you want something hearty but meatless.
Vegetarian Crockpot Chili Recipe
- 1 cup and 1/2 Bob's Red Mill dry heritage beans and 6 cups water or 3 cans of beans black, kidney, Cannelini, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoons to 2 olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch medium zucchini diced into half segments
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes or 2-3 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoons and 1/2 chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen sweet white corn
If using Bob's Red Mill dry beans, prep the beans by placing them in crock pot (or a covered pot) with water, cooking over high for 2-3 hours until soft but not soggy.
Run through strainer and put in crock pot.
In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat until it runs quickly in the pan.
Add onion and pepper.
Saute until slightly soft.
Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
Place in crock pot with the rest of the ingredients, except corn (reserve this for end).
Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Add corn and let heat through another 5-10 minutes.
Serve with cheese, avocado, cilantro, chips, etc.
You love crockpot meals? So do we. It’s so nice to put ingredients in the crockpot and come back later to a beautiful feast. We love this vegetarian chili because it’s yummy, it’s healthy, and it’s easy. We love using Bob’s Red Mill’s Orca Beans (pictured) because of their beautiful appearance and yummy flavor. However, you do have do take a little precook time to soften the beans. Feel free to use them or to use other canned beans already processed. They’re great, too!
Here are some of our other favorite soups, both in the crockpot and on the stovetop:
Latest posts by Food Apparel (see all)
- The Underground Culinary Tour: A Must Read for Budding Restauranteurs - January 31, 2017
- Food Hack Attack! Why I love Dessert and Booze Hacks by Peggy Wang (Founding Editor of BuzzFeed) - January 16, 2017
- Agua de Sandia Recipe (Watermelon Agua Fresca) - May 17, 2016